- I neither started the protest nor suggested it. I simply responded to the call of the people for a spokesman. -MLK, on the bus boycott
- Agape is disinterested love. It is a love in which the individual seeks not his own good, but the good of his neighbor (1 Cor. 10:24). Agape does not begin by discriminating between worthy and unworthy people, or any qualities people possess. It begins by loving other for their sakes. -MLK
- If you harm me, you harm yourself. -MLK
- Wrote a blog post on my bookstore’s website called “S/o Haiti”
- Fck Ron Wright
- Before teaching I have anxiety. After teaching I have a migraine. Nice.
- I miss the library.
- I buy books now, but I have to be more choosey than I’d be if I was just borrowing them like a normal person.
- Wrote about MLK’s book Stride Toward Freedom today.
- Reading another easy Spanish book now that I’m done with the MLK book.
- Also graded today, so some good and some bad.
- Taco levels kinda low right now even tho I just had some yesterday and the day before lol.
- Gonna go deal with that.
- It took me two tries to get into Pedagogy of the Oppressed. Very worth it.
- Took me three tries for Crime and Punishment. Also very worth it.
- Sometimes when I do a to-do list I write down things that I already did so I can immediately have something to check off lol.
- I have a great kid.
- A shrimp burrito was the highlight of my day today.
- Sometimes I wish I was Jane Goodall.
- Finished reading Un Yankee en Buenos Aires by Paco Ardit this morning and wrote about it. Based on the title and the cover, I thought the main character was gonna be kinda a scumbag lol. He’s mad nice tho.
- Yesterday a woman was walking down the street and said “you’re a good mother. I see you out here. I see you on [redacted]. I see you.”
- Every day is like the last.
- Wake up stretch run read write chill with my son fall asleep with the tv on.
- Plus work and stuff.
- What you’ve got to remember is what your looking at is also you. -James Baldwin
- I want the real thing… no time 4 no fake or lames… at all…
- My old work hitting me up… that brother is starving…
- Reading a new book this morning.
- His work (at a standstill), his love life (nonexistant), his sexuality (unresolved), his future (uncertain). -Hanya Yanagihara, A Little Life
My son: what if you had two kids?
- Why do so many middle age men not put their mask over their nose?? What is the reason?
- Love reading a big ass paperback novel every once in a while.
- Knowing you’re gonna be in that world for a while is nice.
- Just had a sushi burrito for the first time. Was cool.
- I just do what I do I don’t worry about the rest.
- My son got me purple tulips with one pink tulip in the middle lol. And tomorrow he says he’s gonna get me a lot of tacos lol.
- Wrote something for Fck Prison about MLK called “The First Time MLK Got Arrested.”
-Rachel Wagner 2021
Other pieces of mine: Real radical shit, Fck Prison & In a state of longing & Avenging the Murder of Ahmaud Arbery & Notes of a woman followed to her car in the dark & Teaching through tutoring
My books: Jacob’s Hip: Poems & FEM: New Millennium Beauty & Fashion & Abandonment Issues: Alive in New Jersey & Back Like I Never Left: Dating as a Single Mother