- Last night someone told me I was a great writer and to keep going. Then later when they were drunk he said me every guy wants me and to use that lol.
- True and true.
- That said I’m ready to jump off a cliff.
Me: *crying on the phone talking to my bd*
- If you leave me alone at a party I will likely start talking to someone about their deepest darkest passion. Or school. Or both.
- Dropped my phone into a lake, and it still works. Nice.
- Finished The Devil Wears Prada
- This dude outside is asking me if I’m ok I’m like yea then he’s just standing there with his phone out I’m ignoring him and he’s still there. I’m like do I know you??? What are you asking???… then he walked off fast as hell… yea go away…
- Flirting to survive.
- Ima flirt til it hurt in a throwback skirt -Trina
- Now reading How Europe Underdeveloped Africa
- Mistaken interpretations of the causes of underdevelopment usually stem either from prejudiced thinking or from the error of believing that one can learn the answers by looking inside the underdeveloped country. The true explanation lies in seeking out the relationship between Africa and certain developed countries and in recognizing that it is a relationship of exploitation. -Walter Rodney
- Drinking black coffee and telling my son how it instantly brings me back to a job I hated, working for this guy in the Oranges during grad school. I was only drinking non-dairy creamer at the time and he never had any so I drank my coffee black and ya know he was a dick in general. Anyway so I’m telling my son about it and he’s nodding along. Then I’m like yea he’s probably dead by now so oh well. My son is like ????????
- Read everyday and learn from what you read. -Octavia Butler
- People think they’re the exception.
- Been working on setting something up to send books to imprisoned people… it’s like a person who’s locked up wants a specific book, and someone out here can buy it for them. Then Ten Dollar Books will send it…. Anyway that’s almost ready…
- Hate the idea of being consumed on social media.
- The Zagwe kings distinguished themselves by building several churches cut out of solid rock. The architectural achievements attest to the level of skill reached by Ethiopians as well as the capacity of the state to mobilize labor on a huge scale. Such tasks could not have been achieved by voluntary family labor but only through the labor of an exploited class. -Walter Rodney
- That just opened up my third eye a lil bit…. people living communally would not spend their time on extravagance….
- Today I walked around a park for the first time maybe ever in adulthood (I like walking in the woods). Pros: sneakers don’t get dirty and you just walk. Cons: it’s mad people out and they’re also walking.
- Overall tho it’s pretty nice.
- My heart is wise bloodshot eyes the saga never dies -Nas
- Last night my neighbor knocked on my door while I was taking a shower. Then this morning maintenance knocked on my door while I was in the shower. Coincidence? I think not.
- Thinking about how people said Fran dressed better than Carrie… lol funny…
- The silence when your kid sleeps in!!!!!
- Gonna be selling books IRL on the 4th of July in Jersey City.
Click here to read all the Another Day posts.
– Jacob’s Hip: Poems
– FEM: New Millennium Beauty & Fashion
– Abandonment Issues: Alive in New Jersey
– Back Like I Never Left: Dating as a Single Mother
My bookstore: Ten Dollar Books