- I be in the zone I do my own thing in my own head
- Let me get this straight…….
- Migraine time
- Self-isolating to cope? Yea people do that it’s totally normal.
- Feeling effected by Flying Kites. Prison is so evil.
- Consider me.
- Tried watching the show Sex/Life show last night on Netflix but couldn’t get into it beyond the first episode or 2. The whole…. perfect husband perfect house etc thing is……………. annoying and unreal. I don’t believe it. I don’t buy it. I know better than that.
- It makes me sad thinking how things went in certain situations.
- New couch flow
- Do you think about me?
- Craziest thing on the 4th of July was someone walking up to the table and saying they saw my book Jacob’s Hip online. They knew about it before she got there. That was crazy.
- I’ve had a dude stop me in the street outside my house to be like hey I read your book… nice…
- He was talking about Back Like I Never Left.
- Had another dude in military park who resisted buying that book a few times finally buy it and end up liking it so much lol. He was cool.
- Made a free delivery option for my bookstore. So if you’re in and around Newark and want a ten dollar book, you can choose that as your shipping option. Go to Ten-Dollar-Books.com.
- Can’t let a day go by without me being fly -Jayz
- Today is the day my best friend died.
- My son told my bd that he hates school and that I taught him that lol ummmmmm!!!!
- Smoking is such a spiritual reset.
- Me being on facetime with a dude while playing basketball and still scoring with one hand is sooo me lol.
- “You the baddest woman up in here…”
- Just finished The FBI War on Tupac Shakur and Black Leaders.
- Now reading IraqiGirl: Diary of a Teenage Girl in Iraq.
- These days I’m full of sadness. -IraqiGirl p 26
- I don’t want to share my feelings this week because I don’t feel good so I will stop now. -IraqiGirl p 35
- It is absolutely certain that the pen of the journalist and the image of the photograph are essential defenses of facing war, facing executions, facing corruption. -IraqiGirl p 45
- Yesterday I took my book and read until 1 a.m. Then I tried to sleep but I couldn’t. -IraqiGirl p 65
- Wow that was really me last night. Was still up reading and wanting to finish the FBI book.
- Neighbors arguing loud as hell, and I’m just happy it’s not me.
- Been wearing black pretty much all summer. I blame me buying black sandals.
- And because I am alive I write this post. -IraqiGirl p 98
- Finished IraqiGirl while my son slept in on a Saturday morning…. Nun better….
- Accept the truth!!! (talking to myself)
- Commercials are designed to distract.
- Advertising is the devil.
- Dudes just say whatever.
- Most experiences are unsayable. -Rainer Maria Rilke
- A work of art is good if it has arisen out of necessity. -Rainer Maria Rilke
- Have patience with everything unresolved in your heart. -Rainer Maria Rilke
- Vast inner solitude.
- My first real bf was from Harlem so you know I wear my mf clothes lol.
- Children are still the way you were as a child, sad and happy in just the same way—and if you think of your childhood, you once again live among them. -Rainer Maria Rilke
- You must be patient like someone who is sick, and confident like someone who is recovering; for perhaps you are both. -Rainer Maria Rilke p 64
- Finished Letters to a Young Poet at midnight.
- What am I doing?
- Dressed like a classy hoe at this boxing class right now.
- It doesn’t matter where I am, I’ll read.
- I was chilling with an ex in the summer sitting outside and we’re at his job and I downloaded a book real quick on my phone about the end of policing. I was in a little grey dress and high strappy heels. Bored just sitting there with no book (it didn’t fit in that purse).
- Reading just feels so good. Can’t relate to anyone who doesn’t like to read.
- Getting catcalled by kids
- Sometimes I self-sabotage my own time alone. I make sure it gets wasted then I look back like huh?
- Why is that?
- Didn’t waste my time today.
- The longer she spent alone the more indistinct she became to herself. A liquid decanted from a jar. -Zadie Smith p 321-2
- Took a nice walk. Ate a nice sandwich. Wore a tight dress.
- Dudes in the ironbound simply must know my nationality lol.
- Walking was what she did now, walking was what she was. She was nothing more or less than the phenomenon of walking. She had no name, no biography, no characteristics. -Zadie Smith p 369
- Finished NW
- Come outside it’s drizzling so I go back in and change into some other shoes… come back out it stopped drizzling… like…
- Websites begging you to turn off your adblocker is soo corny.
- Dudes always pop up out of nowhere thinking shit is sweet lol not quite.
- Bronx dude, Taurus dude, answer ya texts dude… all coming out the woodwork… I’m good!
- I get the most dramatic sign offs from guys when I say I’m not interested… “nice knowing ya” type shit… boy fuck you…
- I don’t remember the boy I went with or the prom, just the dress. -Ilene Beckerman p 89
- Finished Love, Loss, and What I Wore
- If you’re not constantly complimenting me… hoe why is you here?
- The eternal youth of the world makes me feel breathless. -Simone de Beauvoir
- When one is alone things happen without premeditation: it is restful. -Simone de Beauvoir
- Maybe so.
- Had he loved me as I loved him? -Simone de Beauvoir
- Kite in one hand, clip in the other lol.
- Another great Saturday morning. Randomly cool outside, kid slept in, had coffee grits and read my book by the window in complete silence. Not even a dishwasher was running.
My bookstore: Ten Dollar Books