- Reading Just Mercy. Pretty frustrating. That fourteen year old who gets sent to an adult prison….. smh.
- Talking to a person who also went to hair school is the fastest way to bond with someone lol. You know something about me.
- One dude yesterday said my son needs to take up karate or something cuz of how he looks, like people are gonna mess with him. Then an hour later another dude said he wished he had my son’s hair, talkin bout “how I’m mad at a six year old?? Lol.
- The fact that school starts tomorrow is so rude.
- Best Spongebob episode is when they keep killing the health inspector. Hands down.
- Cop tells Spongebob “why don’t you put that muddy shovel in the trunk and we’ll give you a ride back” lol.
- Stephen Hillenburg is really the voice of a generation.
- Me: okay so any questions before we go over the syllabus?
Student: yea I have one how long you been doing this you look like you’re about 19.
“Damn you sexy”
- Ashanti kinda day.
- When a dude has no gf and no kids… okay now we’re talkin!!
- People will still call me April randomly lol.
- Out here making choices.
- Approximately 75 to 80 percent of incarcerated women are mothers with minor children. Nearly 65 percent had minor children living with them at the time of their arrest. -Bryan Stevenson p 236-7
- The decisions Francoise expected of him had to come from his own will; all her happiness rested to his free will, and over that she had no hold. -Simone de Beauvoir
- Better know…
- Someone passing an impromptu loyalty test… I like that…
- My attitude is fuck it cuz mfs love it -2pac
- Yes school started Monday and yes I just finished the summer reading book today.
- Anyway I think Just Mercy is really good and interesting. It’s different reading a book knowing you’re going to teach it tho. You think about moments or moves that will be good in class as you go. Which is fine. Just different.
- Dudes be tryna run me like idk nun lol ok.
- Someone is talking about school—especially a kid—yea I’m listening.
- Derek cheating on Meredith isn’t the kind of negativity I need right now. Smh. I forgot all about this.
- Now back to She Came to Stay.
- Frustrating that Francoise won’t speak up and say how unhappy she feels but I also get why she’s waiting it out and letting it be. She’s playing so proper but it’s like god tell him how you feel!! What are you doing??
- Intellectual charm
- There was nothing to do but sleep and wait for the morning. -Simone de Beauvoir
- Disgracefully pretty
- You think I give a fuck about sparklers??
- A dude professing his love for me… I like that… lol
- “after reading the book and this story, I admire your ability to a) meet people b) talk to them c) convey their bullshit”
- That’s someone talking about my first book on dating (and the post about Derek cheating a few lines up).
- Got copies of Back Like I Never Left: Dating as a Single Mother at Ten Dollar Books.
- I walk around the club, fuck everybody -wayne
- Edibles time.
- Caved and got a new laptop and it’s great.
- Just finished She Came to Stay. It’s late.
- Letting someone go and just being sad alone… relate…
- Slept in this morning for no reason.
- Started reading Nightbitch. My friend told me I should read it so I am. Love it so far.
- Interesting, hilarious, beautiful, sharp.
- The next morning she did what any reasonable person would do and went to the library. -Rachel Yoder p 32
- Teaching went well today.
- At my son’s football practice, there’s one super sweet kid who is nice all the time and then there’s a kid who is mean as hell everything he does and says is mean. And they both want to be around me at their water breaks lol.
- Grey’s Anatomy time.
- Homeschooling is going well. It’s not a chore at all. I like teaching him.
- Happy to not be teaching my other classes today too.
- Starin don’t phase me -LL
- Been in crisis mode for the past 12 hours after accidentally reformatting my external hard drive. Got my shit back tho.
- Also dodged corona at my job this week and got 60 people writing prison abolition papers. Nice.
- All around nothing can get me down rn.
- One important pic I didn’t wanna lose was from 2014. I was living in North Newark, growing out my blonde hair, and unknowingly about to get pregnant lol.
- This is a iBeesoft stan account.
- I’m ten toes down you fallin off ya feet -kodak
- I just want a nice sweet handsome funny great guy. -Charlotte, SATC